Thursday, October 22, 2009

Peaceful Activities


I had the pleasure of weaving four tote bags ; now to tie off the fringe and sew them up.

One fingerless glove done using the lace pattern from the socks I completed.

Said socks waiting for their dye bath.  I am going to try to put them on a form and then spot dye them instead of using an immersion bath.  That is the plan for today anyway!

When we went to town yesterday, we bought a replacement for our printer and the scanner-I reduced 4 cords down to 2 and have a delightfully easy new copier/scanner/printer!  I almost went crazy untangling the mass of cords doing this but now they are all labeled, organized and neat.  (I realize this will be a tempory fix because  like Christmas tree lights, they do become mysteriously tangled up while they lie inert!)

5 comments:

  1. I love the bags, could you do a tutorial on how you sew them up. I'd really love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work!! Lots of soon-to-be finished totes! (What do you do with them all?)

    The socks came out great - and I look forward to your adventures with dyeing!

    Good plan to make fingerless gloves with that lace pattern - that will show it off even more!

    I love my printer/scanner! Hope you'll have good luck with yours too!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Productive again! Sooooo, why dye the socks and not just knit them with that color yarn?? Just curious since I am not a knitter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm! One of life's little mysteries!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...