I finally finished the quilt job!
When I came up with a plan it went great-the plan took a long time to come forth is all. I have another one to go on the frame today. Already have a design for it so it will be a quick quilt.
This is a fun experiment. I admired these wispy tall grasses at a friend's so she snipped off the tops and instructed me to put them in a vase of water upside down and just wait for them to grow. I know my face reflected my doubt but I did it just the way she said. Look-I have two out of three that have put out a new plant! It took about a month to see results so I almost gave up-so glad I didn't !
I have the first bag done on the new warp-the purply one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ON THE NEEDLES
I was putting the latest pair of socks away when I realized that I didn't have a second sock--I made three of these trying out the new p...
-
The blocks from the Disappearing Nine Patch variation now are a top! This was a very enjoyable scrappy project and I will enjoy making ano...
-
Turning a panel into a quilt! Two rows on the top and then borders will be added. I also started on my string block stars! I had so much ...
-
All of the labor is done and the fun has begun! The pattern is called Point Threading over 12 threads. On the far right is just Tabby wea...




The quilt looks great! Congratulations on another finished project!! I love the house in the center panel.
ReplyDeleteThat's kind of cool that you planted the grass upside down, and it still grew. I guess that makes sense for a tall grass in the wild. If it falls over, it can re-grow.
You were right that the purple bags would make a great weft. Very nice.
Sue
Yay that the quilters-block quilt is done! It looks so nice...worth the agony. :)
ReplyDeleteThe grass is fun. Where will you plant it?
A purple bag finally -- hooray!
Cute quilt, I really like the house with the path leading up to it. Looks so welcoming. Of COURSE you have another quilt on the frame already!! :D Interesting with the grass, I've never heard anything like it.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletePutting Nyki in for scale was a great move! LOL Cats really have to inspect everything, don't they? No wonder there's an old saying about them and curiosity.
ReplyDeleteI love the house in the middle of the quilt.
What a beautiful quilt!
ReplyDeleteSo, what kind of grass is that?