Friday, June 11, 2010

Field Trip




The girls took a day trip!  I had the privilege of showing these two long-time Floridians, who were also from the North many years ago, a local historic State Park ( Fort Matanzas)!
                           
It was nice to show a most beloved location to them so they can share it with their families next time they visit!
This cedar tree is over three hundred years old!  So many stories to tell.......
We all went up on the roof for a good view of the area.
The tide was low so we could spot many sandbars like this one.
 We topped off the day with an ice cream on the way home and lots of good conversation!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun day! I especially love the ice cream part!

    Forts always have the best views!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you were able to share a fun day with good friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, a lovely social interlude from your busy crafting life!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...