Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sorting.......

 The Lion Brand Suede scarf is off the loom........it is so squishy and soft!  66" x 4" with twisted fringe.
 And a new scarf is on the rigid heddle loom; this time I used some hand spun bamboo and soy silk  in the warp with a commercial weft of Silk Bamboo by Patons.
 I started out looking for something and couldn't find it but it sparked a big time clean out of lots of boxes of my craft/fabric that were in this, we aptly call the PG for the portable garage.  We put this up when we moved here 4 years ago because we had way too much stuff after moving from the big farm house with garage, barn, and storage shed!  I think we had just had an overload on the decision making trying to get rid of all of our belongings in an auction and moving.  It was a bit of a blur, too!  But anyway, I tackle a box a week usually but today I did some big time weeding out.
 I threw out and organized 14 boxes and took care of all the stuff I did decide to bring into the house! 
 For example, this box of corduroy was sorted and then cut into 6 1/2" squares so it can be a quilt instead of a big pile of fabric!
 Now it is going to be pieced up and put to good use instead of sitting in the box another year!
 I loaded up the men's suit samples top and began the quilting.  I am not using any batting, instead I have backed it with a large piece of polar fleece Marsel had given me during her big clean out a few months ago.
This is kind of quilting heavy but the pattern flows right along and looks kind of whimsical for this rather  unorthodox quilt!  I am ready for a good evening with my knitting-
I have loaded the last skein of yarn with all the beads for the final edging design for the Seasons of Life shawl.  This has worked up pretty quickly and I will be anxious to get it blocked out to see what I have-as it is all squished on the needles (I should have used a longer cable with the circulars but I didn't for some reason!)  Hope I finish it tonight.......

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You have been a busy bee. What is it about searing for something that is lost that ends up with tons of empty boxes and a feeling like Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for sorting and de-junkifying!!! ...immediately turning some of the clutter into nice projects is the icing on the cake. :)

    I can hardly wait to get down there and do projects with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you keep going there will be nothing for you and me to do this winter except sew and knit!!! Counting the days. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...