Saturday, January 16, 2016

The Eternal Edging

I have been knitting this edging forever.  It is like the song that never ends..... 
The next clue came out for the MKAL on Never Not Knitting and I knit 6 rows last night and when I looked this morning, I wondered what I was thinking!  I tried to rip out the one messed up section but I saw that the mistake in the center was repeated on each section.  It took a long time but I had a recliner day so it didn't matter.
Perseverance pays off.
I put a lifeline in this time so I would have  a quicker way to mark a rip back point.
I was able to go on and knit one whole chart so I got it right the second time!

6 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. I was up all night repairing the sleeve on son's cardi. I was seaming it when I found a dropped stitch. I lost all but a few inches of the entire sleeve in the repair process so I'm knitting like a fiend trying to get back to where I was. No fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh boy. Haven't sung that one in ages...it goes on and on my friends..
    hang in there

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, bravo to you for your sticktoitiveness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, bravo to you for your sticktoitiveness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ripping and fixing is never fun, but your shawl is coming along nicely and you're way ahead of me, since I've only collected clues so far!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, pesky mistakes! Your shawl is looking good nevertheless.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLANS AND REVISIONS

I knit the sleeve (top up) and realized that I would prefer the sleeve line up with the same color of the body. See how the shading of the  ...