Saturday, March 26, 2016

Family Gifts

Bill stuck a 'top of the pineapple' in a pot a few years ago and I have watered and turned the pot so it would grow evenly ever since.   Finally, all the care is paying off because it is growing a pineapple!!!!  I have no idea how long it takes to mature but I will let you know!
 This is my geranium, which came back on its own from last years planting....always a favorite of mine.
The Egyptian Iris.  They are blooming all over they yard. 
And look who came for the weekend!
Her dress is off for the fancy egg dyeing and a good thing, too, because splashes happen! 
Proof that I can and do cook even if it generates little pleasure.
I have been trying to make my son-in-law's pizza recipe for a year.  I have the dough down, the fixings down but getting that thing from the counter to the pizza stone has been vexing and even a health risk for both me(blood pressure spike) and Bill(smoke inhalation) because even with the fancy pizza peel, I couldn't get this thing safely delivered without it ending up a calzone!
My daughter called last week to say she read on a blog that parchment paper works better than cornmeal.  I had to try-
SUCCESS!
No more tears.  This pizza was delicious to eat-even the kids like the non-supreme side!
Sometimes, daughters know best!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your pineapple. It is SO much fun watching them grow.

    Have a very happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout-out...I may need to print that out and send it to you next time you're being stubborn and not listening to me! Lol!

    Can't wait to come and see your late-spring flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog!

Rest and Restoration

 I've slowly been putting the wrought iron bench back together.   The boards had rotted right out and so I took the opportunity to ...