Saturday, May 28, 2011

A Fence Exchange

 This is the old stackade fence that was on the property when we bought the house.  It runs along the front of the property where there were no plants, palms  or flowers.
                     Bill has been working to remedy that, growing yucca and planting the robellini palms.
 And after working all week (and waiting patiently) we finally got to take the fence down today!  Yippee!
 Will be listing this for sale this week!  56' of stockade fencing, 6' high.
 This is our new view, giving a right proper tropical welcome to guests and owners alike!
 It really opens up the front of the yard without too much exposure to the road.
 There is still some landscaping work to do, but we ran out of steam working in the midday sun!
 In between yard work, I finished up the skein of superwash in olive green, lime and teal. (Destined for a shawl, too, eventually.)
 I quilted the first project for Millie-this blanket is 56" x 56".
I caught up with the mystery shawl and this shows work through clue #3. (TheWholeNineYarns LYS)
So, like any reasonable knitter,  I cast on a plain sock while I wait for clue #4!

6 comments:

  1. Oh yes, the front looks much more inviting now! (I wanna visit!!)

    You are so productive; I love that olive, lime and teal yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so much better! I like the flag pole too! -caleb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the new look!! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful the front of your property looks. Much better without the fence.

    And I love the skein for the shawl. Yellow is such a happy color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your property looks so much better with your new plants and the fence gone!

    I love your yarn and projects

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...