Monday, May 2, 2011

Yard Tour

 The prickly pear is in bloom!  I missed the first blossom, it only blooms for one day so you can't put it off!
 There are quite a few in the field out back in bloom , too, but this one is in the front yard and much easier to note its progress!
 The desert rose is in bloom after its winter rest.  All the foliage fell off but it has recovered and bloomed in just a few months.
 The sandhill cranes still visit us and come running when we yell 'bread' to them!  The baby is really growing and starting to spread his wings and flap them-beautiful!
Here is a pretty part of the yard I don't think I have posted before.  It is the 'someday' home of the gazebo.  The temperature drops by at least 10degrees in the shaded under these live oaks.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I didn't realize that a gazebo is someday-planned for there -- you know that has my approval!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks cool under there, even without the "someday" gazebo (we also have a project like that -the someday deck)

    I have never seen a prickly pear in bloom so thanks for capturing the second flower!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...