Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Getting Current

 If you remember Sanford and Son you will know what I mean when I say Bill has caught the junkman bug!  He loaded this old car up with scrap metal from the previous residents and took the load to the scrap metal depot.  He came away with a very fat wallet and shared some money with me as payment for the agony of having it in the yard for years!  I like the hobby where the junk leaves my premises!
 I mailed this doll sweater off to Abigail to welcome her newly purchased doll.  It is a fun knit from Classic Elite Yarns.......called Fiona Doll Sweater if you are interested in giving it a knit!
 Saturday I went spinning all day with a friend to St Augustine-this is the yarn I made while there. I combed the cotton and spun that to the delight of hundreds of visitors that passed through the Visitor Center.  It was an amazing day!  I came home to  a full house for the Easter Weekend-suffice it to say, I couldn't take pictures, hold my grand babies and make the meal so no blogging.  It was a blessed two days.
 Today, Bill had some work to do on Matthew's car so I got to 'play' with Will and Ashley.  We went to JoAnn's and bought fabric to cover some old pillows.  When we got home, the cats enjoyed helping unpack all of my sewing supplies!
 They were very curious but wary of all my equipment!
 Will wasn't shy-he enjoyed the noises and actions of his Mom and Grandma hard at work building a home!
 This is a picture for Benita-we sighted two of these on the way home today.  There are over 1,000 wildfires burning in Florida today.  This is far away but still marred the sky for a very long ways.
I managed to finish one flamingo sock on the way home!  I immediately cast on the toe of the second sock but I ran out of car trip.......consider yourselves caught up!

3 comments:

  1. You've had a pretty full week! It included grandbabies, though, so it's a good thing. :)

    "Ran out of car trip" -- that's a fun way to say it! I love the sock(s). What a fun design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should offer the sock pattern on rav - very cute! and I can't believe that Will is so big already - it seems he was only born "a few days ago"! happy sewing - and I look forward to something knitted in tomato red cotton soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness that boy is growing fast!

    Wild fires scare me. We rarely have them around here, and when a field does catch on fire (usually in the summer when some idiot tosses out a lit cigarette), people are nervous for quite a while after it has been put out.

    So, adding the 8 stitches to the sock helped? I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...