Next Friday I will be able to post this finished object (FO) but I did get to work on it when we had to drive into town to run errands.
We took a break and had a very leisurely lunch together! (@ Corky Bells on the St Johns River)
When we got home I took a rest and then tackled this idea! I bought a sweater and then the fabric to match. I decided to make a top instead of the dress-long story but the fabric just was too much of everything negative on me for a dress! Since I have sewn for a million years but never made a neckline like this I was fascinated to see how it was done!
It was a very easy and straight forward project! Which is a wonderful thing...
I tried it on with my dressy pants and it is just what I envisioned......after the fact! The sweater and the neckline fight terribly so the sweater will have to find a new mate!
But it is a finished object for this Friday!
A blog friend, Cheryl, is hosting this FO Friday-you can link here to see her FO for today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
STRAIGHT ON FROM HERE
Completed quilt, 57" x 68" I did stitched a few of these blocks together; the one on the right, I did first and didn't do too...
-
The blocks from the Disappearing Nine Patch variation now are a top! This was a very enjoyable scrappy project and I will enjoy making ano...
-
Turning a panel into a quilt! Two rows on the top and then borders will be added. I also started on my string block stars! I had so much ...
-
All of the labor is done and the fun has begun! The pattern is called Point Threading over 12 threads. On the far right is just Tabby wea...
Wow! I love it! Well done! And, the color is gorgeous! How fun! Thanks for the link. I'll post your success on my blog and link back to you. :-) Have an awesome weekend! :-)
ReplyDeletegorgeous blue! the blouse I mean:) but I do like the socks, too:) I finished a pair of socks as well, but promised myself to finish several "lonely" singles before I start a new knitting project... temptation, temptation....
ReplyDeleteThat sweater is so you! Glad you can be flexible on the mix-and-match plan until you find one that makes you happy. :)
ReplyDeleteGorgeous blouse. It's a neckline I love and have never sewn. Time to try. You inspire me.
ReplyDeleteAs for that new sweater - what wouldn't go with it? It's beautiful.
Visiting from Cheryl's link, and very impressed with the top! The idea of making a wearable garment in a day is inspiring...I may have to dust off the ol' Featherweight this weekend :)
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty colour. love the neckline too!
ReplyDelete