Friday, August 22, 2014

FO Friday

 I made another one of these drapey tops in a larger size.  The first two I made I gave away but this one will finally get to stay in my closet!   It was made from stash fabric- a low sheen polyester knit.
I will wear it with dress pants when I go out on a date.....

Anyone notice how much pattern sizes have changed?!  On the previous tops, I cut this one out on the size 12 pattern line like I always have (even though I buy size 10 at the store) and it was WAY  too small.  I cut this out on the size 16 mark this time and it fits just right!  They should forget to print the numbers at all and just use  bust/ waist/ hip measurements!

(Simplicity 1716 pattern)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You have been very busy! It looks great! Congrats on another great FO! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! It is frustrating that there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for sizing...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...