I made another one of these drapey tops in a larger size. The first two I made I gave away but this one will finally get to stay in my closet! It was made from stash fabric- a low sheen polyester knit.
I will wear it with dress pants when I go out on a date.....
Anyone notice how much pattern sizes have changed?! On the previous tops, I cut this one out on the size 12 pattern line like I always have (even though I buy size 10 at the store) and it was WAY too small. I cut this out on the size 16 mark this time and it fits just right! They should forget to print the numbers at all and just use bust/ waist/ hip measurements!
(Simplicity 1716 pattern)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
FLOWERS INSIDE AND OUT
Outside, the buddha plants bring the orange to our Fall yards! So many little flowers join together to make a large bloom. And the ginger a...
-
The blocks from the Disappearing Nine Patch variation now are a top! This was a very enjoyable scrappy project and I will enjoy making ano...
-
Turning a panel into a quilt! Two rows on the top and then borders will be added. I also started on my string block stars! I had so much ...
-
All of the labor is done and the fun has begun! The pattern is called Point Threading over 12 threads. On the far right is just Tabby wea...
Wow! You have been very busy! It looks great! Congrats on another great FO! :-D
ReplyDeleteSo pretty! It is frustrating that there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for sizing...
ReplyDelete