I have looked for a wrap dress for quite a while and finally found this pattern, Simplicity 1653.
I used some material in the stash, a polyester knit blend in no shine black. (I do not like shiny colors on me!)
It fits comfortably, though I did have to experiment with the sizing AGAIN! I cut it out larger and then made alterations as it was constructed! Not for a novice sewist.
I will be wearing it today to a funeral. I will certainly be buying more fabric to make a dress in olive green-my favorite clothing color!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
STRAIGHT ON FROM HERE
Completed quilt, 57" x 68" I did stitched a few of these blocks together; the one on the right, I did first and didn't do too...
-
The blocks from the Disappearing Nine Patch variation now are a top! This was a very enjoyable scrappy project and I will enjoy making ano...
-
Turning a panel into a quilt! Two rows on the top and then borders will be added. I also started on my string block stars! I had so much ...
-
All of the labor is done and the fun has begun! The pattern is called Point Threading over 12 threads. On the far right is just Tabby wea...
Wow! I'm impressed! That's awesome to make a dress since last week! And, from stash! Bravo! Sorry to hear you have a funeral to go to. Take care!
ReplyDeleteYou did an amazing job. I can't wait to see the next one!
ReplyDeleteThis is gorgeous!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful dress! How does it look on you? (hint!)
ReplyDelete