While looking for glass after a rain storm, Bill found this penny in the back yard! It is a 1901 Indian Head penny in case you can't read it.
They are a pretty common coin as far as collecting goes, worth around $20 or more if you find the right buyer! lol It was an exciting find nonetheless and we will be finding a good way to display it soon! (I hear that metal detector calling me again!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
FLOWERS INSIDE AND OUT
Outside, the buddha plants bring the orange to our Fall yards! So many little flowers join together to make a large bloom. And the ginger a...
-
The blocks from the Disappearing Nine Patch variation now are a top! This was a very enjoyable scrappy project and I will enjoy making ano...
-
Turning a panel into a quilt! Two rows on the top and then borders will be added. I also started on my string block stars! I had so much ...
-
All of the labor is done and the fun has begun! The pattern is called Point Threading over 12 threads. On the far right is just Tabby wea...
That is really exciting! What an awesome find! The kids are going to be inspired to do treasure hunting next time we're there...
ReplyDeleteWhat a tale it could tell!
ReplyDeleteWay cool! But I'm confused. He uses a metal detector to find glass?
ReplyDeletenever mind the collector's value - it's a nice find to keep! any progress on the shawl ripping?:)
ReplyDeletecool!!! I have to see if we have any!
ReplyDeleteWhat an exciting find in your own backyard!
ReplyDelete