Monday's are good for cleaning first thing in the morning and then rewarding yourself with a bit of creative time! I wanted to make some more of the disappearing pinwheel blocks. It is so ingenious to sew two blocks together all around the outside! It is so not following the sewing rules and that makes it fun!
And then you cut this square apart on the diagonals. This is the part that thrills quilters and confuses the uninitiated; the repetition of sewing fabric together and cutting it apart.......over and over.
After you have a big pinwheel, you cut the blog into thirds horizontally and vertically.
And rearrange a few of the pieces to your liking.
And sew them back together...........! Here is another finished block! I am getting quite a few just a few minutes at a time and they are adding up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
STRAIGHT ON FROM HERE
Completed quilt, 57" x 68" I did stitched a few of these blocks together; the one on the right, I did first and didn't do too...
-
The blocks from the Disappearing Nine Patch variation now are a top! This was a very enjoyable scrappy project and I will enjoy making ano...
-
Turning a panel into a quilt! Two rows on the top and then borders will be added. I also started on my string block stars! I had so much ...
-
All of the labor is done and the fun has begun! The pattern is called Point Threading over 12 threads. On the far right is just Tabby wea...
That block is so much fun...I definitely want you to give me an in-person tutorial next month!
ReplyDeleteI just love all the different 'disappearing' blocks that are showing up at the moment. And the Missouri Quilt Star company videos are such a great way to get new ideas!
ReplyDelete