I ordered a new warping board-it is smaller and lighter -which is a benefit for storage and lifting! I am going to make a table runner. Only 300 more wraps to go!!! I'm going to be trying some overshot weaving and hope to be weaving by next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ON THE NEEDLES
I was putting the latest pair of socks away when I realized that I didn't have a second sock--I made three of these trying out the new p...
-
The blocks from the Disappearing Nine Patch variation now are a top! This was a very enjoyable scrappy project and I will enjoy making ano...
-
Turning a panel into a quilt! Two rows on the top and then borders will be added. I also started on my string block stars! I had so much ...
-
All of the labor is done and the fun has begun! The pattern is called Point Threading over 12 threads. On the far right is just Tabby wea...
You're using that foreign language again! Warping and overshot weaving. Hmmmm. I guess I'm going to have to use my imagination. Enjoy your time with the new board.
ReplyDeleteBlessings and hugs,
Betsy
Well, I'm with Betsy -- so I had to look them both up. Will be interesting to see what sort of pattern you create.
ReplyDeleteOvershot is so beautiful. I did one towel from a Cotton Clouds kit and hated doing it because of the fiddlyness of the weaving process but it was so worth it. Now that I have more experience I might try it again-some day. I would definitely need The Mister out of the house to get it done...lol.
ReplyDelete"Only" 300? :)
ReplyDeleteyikes -- 300 seems like a lot of warping? (Is that the right way to say it?) Hope you have fun doing it.
ReplyDelete