Thursday, August 14, 2014

Sweet Endings

Bill made it to the Adirondacks for a climb to the top Bald Mountain-where he met someone he knew...couldn't have planned it better!  
Mom and I made a quilt for my Aunt who is in the grip of Alzheimer's.  This is a tactile textile because she likes to pick at things so there are lots of things to pick at in this quilt!
When you go to camp as a kid, they have a bonfire to mark the last night-we did just that and had a wonderful gathering at my sister's for our end-of-trip visit!
Flight knitting-the shawl had gotten too large and complicated for on-board knitting, so I started a toe-up sock with a lacy panel up the side.  (KnitPicks Stroll Tonal Queen Anne sock yarn)
I have finished the fifth segment of this shawl and am entering the deepest and final layer!  It is good to snuggle the kitties when I am missing the NY family all over again!

7 comments:

  1. That tactile quilt is just brilliant. Mind robbing illnesses are the WORST. I am knee deep in red tape trying to get help for Daddio. Anyone that has to deal with a loved one who is suffering in this way knows we need to make this a priority NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt for your aunt is such a good idea. Fun being with your family isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. NY state is so beautiful! It's great to see family. Can't wait to see the shawl finished

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you both had a good trip filled with good things...it doesn't make the good-byes any easier, but it does make them worth it!

    I can't wait to see that shawl blocked. It is a fascinating one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea for that quilt. I wish I had thought of that when my maternal grandmother was still alive. She would have loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tactile quilt is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tactile quilt is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...