Saturday, January 30, 2016

Catching Up Times Two!

I finished the first grandson sock!  And immediately cast on for the second.  I have never suffered from 'second sock syndrome' .
The quiet day stretched in front of me....I dug out the tools, 
gathered the fabric  and began the blocks for the RSC2016 which is blue for this month 
 
and began to sew!  I had a bit of a problem matching my seam allowance to the tool measurements but after a bit of re-stitching, I got it to work out! 
I will have to finish on Monday and by then I will know the new color, too.
The day ended with me catching up on the MKAL and now I am ready to begin clue 4.
The shawl is really growing and I am full up on my needles!  I am hoping this new clue will fit better as it is in lace! 

6 comments:

  1. Socks, quilt blocks and lace knitting-that's my kind of day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I love seeing your quilts, so inspiring. Is that a shawl you're knitting? Looks like a great pattern. Wishing you a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that block and the blue colors are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your twinkler star blocks. I thought they would be difficult to make and I am trying not to start too many new projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know two kids who are very excited to be getting new Grandma-socks. :)

    The quilt blocks are gorgeous -- both the piecing and the colors.

    It must be fun to knit the shawl blindly and see how it develops as you go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those blocks! And now, I'm done reading all your posts for 2016 and I can head off to bed -- good thing too since it is 12:48am and I have an appointment in the morning to see an aged care facility that I might need in the future!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLANS AND REVISIONS

I knit the sleeve (top up) and realized that I would prefer the sleeve line up with the same color of the body. See how the shading of the  ...