Sunday, June 10, 2018

Finishes and Flower

           
The Winding Ways quilt is completed! 
 I put the binding on during naptime and it was a breeze!
You do NOT have to use binding cut on the bias to make this work; 
it is actually pretty easy and there are no mitered corners!                                  
I simply outlined all of the colored sections to quilt this
and it will fluff up nicely after washing and drying. 
 I also took the time to sew the borders on the LeMoyne Star quilt.  
Now to purchase batting for it...most likely I will find time this week to go to JoAnns.
I am going to scallop the edges of this one, too, 
but I will be doing it after I quilt it-I have a plan;  I think!
 A few years ago now, I brought back several little baby bulbs from my Dad's Tiger Lily plants.
They are finally mature bulbs and I have two that are ready to open!
And 24 hours later, this is the bloom-a very large and tall plant....I used to have a whole row of them on the side of our farm house in NY.  
Nice to have a flower do well here, too. 
 Tonight, Will and I and Nemo went out to check on the Cereus' crop of flowers-
I thought tonight would be their show night!
 At nine o'clock they were full of promise.....
At ten,  they were opening but not quite as showy as a midnight production...
But I won't be heading out again tonight-I startled a bobcat in our front yard
 (very near these flowers!) and so I and all the cats are in for the night! 
 (We knew something had been out there because all of the cats have been in for several nights now....nothing like country living!)  

8 comments:

  1. That quilt is just spectacular.
    Bobcats? Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is amazing! My eye just moves from color to color. Eek! Although I would love to see a bobcat up close, but I prefer a glass wall between us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours (and pattern)of that quilt - a real eye catcher!and I live on an island without any large predators - unfortunately I also don't have midnight flowering plants to watch - there's a good and a bad side to everything:) would a bobcat attack a grown human if she (he) had the space to run away?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The title for this post could easily have been "Beauty and a Beast" - love the quilt and the flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you startled the bobcat as much as he startled you. We have had a few walk behind our house in the past few years. They are always amazing to see. Your quilt is absolutely wonderful, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've had foxes in our yarn, but not bobcats. Of course, I live in the middle of a city!
    That quilt is so dramatic and gorgeous. I haven't figured out mitered corners yet, so there is no way I'm ready for curves. Your work is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt!
    I love that you have bobcats around! I know you have to take precautions, but I love that there are still animals like that around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes . . . that's a little too close for comfort. Maybe go out with a noise maker to scare it off first?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...