I finished the socks from Marsel's local yarn shop. The skeins were labeled the same dye lot but they had variations that were a bit random and I had to make myself relax over the differences! (The main differences were the variations in the length of each stripe!) The yarn feels delicious on the feet and that is a wonderful outcome! (Classic Elite Liberty machine wash wool)
I cut out some patriotic fabrics. I have quite a stack of red/white and blue fabrics that I hope to get done by July 4th .
I made a pair of wrist warmers while I decide what I am going to knit next.
I began to piece the apple core pieces I cut out in April. And so my week begins.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A GOOD DAY TO STITCH WITH FRIENDS
I had a great time at QOV (quilts of valor) sew day yesterday; I even came home with some 'homework'! This is a pile of 3 1/2...
-
The blocks from the Disappearing Nine Patch variation now are a top! This was a very enjoyable scrappy project and I will enjoy making ano...
-
Turning a panel into a quilt! Two rows on the top and then borders will be added. I also started on my string block stars! I had so much ...
-
All of the labor is done and the fun has begun! The pattern is called Point Threading over 12 threads. On the far right is just Tabby wea...
Pretty good starters! I love the socks...those earthy colors are so you...
ReplyDeleteThose are some happy socks! Love the colors...
ReplyDeleteGee, and I was thinking how well those socks matched over all.
ReplyDeleteEverything looks great! That's an interesting pattern on those last quilt pieces...
ReplyDeleteI like the socks! I LOVE the patriotic fabrics
ReplyDeleteI love the fact that your socks are different. Same can be boring. This pair is fun!
ReplyDeleteGreat socks. And the apple cores -- my gosh, I can't even sew a straight seam. Look at all those curves!!
ReplyDeleteThe red/white/blue quilt will rock. What fun.
Love the socks. Liberty wool is a favorite of mine for socks.
ReplyDeleteLove the colours in those socks. I've not tried hand-piecing except as English paper piecing; you seem to be doing it without any 'paper' support.
ReplyDelete