I present the Geology Shawl all knitted and off the needles! I would have finished it earlier in the day but I decided to add another repeat and some more garter rows and that was a lot of stitches more and in my slower mode it took considerably longer but I am happy with this shawl.
As usual , magic happens when you block it! The whole thing just blooms! It measures 50" long and 18" deep after blocking.
There are 6 layers of texture to knit through; I highly recommend this shawl.
There is a lot of room to play with this in relation to size and yarn, etc. Well worth your purchase price for a very good knit!
(I used KnitPicks Stroll Kindling Tonal yarn on size 6 needles)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
STRAIGHT ON FROM HERE
Completed quilt, 57" x 68" I did stitched a few of these blocks together; the one on the right, I did first and didn't do too...
-
The blocks from the Disappearing Nine Patch variation now are a top! This was a very enjoyable scrappy project and I will enjoy making ano...
-
Turning a panel into a quilt! Two rows on the top and then borders will be added. I also started on my string block stars! I had so much ...
-
All of the labor is done and the fun has begun! The pattern is called Point Threading over 12 threads. On the far right is just Tabby wea...
It's really lovely. It looks like it was a fun knit with all those pattern changes.
ReplyDeleteVery beautiful!!! The magic of blocking never ceases to amaze me.
ReplyDeleteWow! It's beautiful! I love it! I'm envious of your knitting skills. I've tried several times to knit a lacy shawl but have found it very difficult and frustrating. And, this one looks really complicated! I love the color of it too. Great job!
ReplyDeleteturned out really nice! I'd like it a bit bigger though, but it's good to know that I could change the size easily... and I am sure the kitties are happy to have you back for cuddles, too:)
ReplyDeleteGorgeous!
ReplyDeleteHaving seen you working on this shawl at my house I love to see the finished product. Great Job! Love, Mom
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! And I adore the yarn.
ReplyDeleteI love the finish!!! I may have to try to knit one!
ReplyDeleteLooks fabulous.
ReplyDeleteReminds me that I have three shawls waiting to be blocked now that the weather has warmed up and the rain has gone -- I just don't fancy crawling around on the floor!