I finished plying last night-a nice full bobbin of Alpaca! Alpaca Top - D-RV-13-0014
I washed it right away and hung it to dry. BTW, the skein winder is working wonderfully-no pain from using the niddy noddy is a wonderful way to end each skein!
Curled up and ready for a label because...
...no matter how many times you think you will remember what a skein is and how much yarn is there----YOU DON'T!
And we have one sock done and another on the needles~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A STITCH IN TIME
The Disappearing 9-Patch QOV is a done deal! I managed to get out of bed finally (MS is a hard taskmaster) and worked on my pile of quilts...
-
The blocks from the Disappearing Nine Patch variation now are a top! This was a very enjoyable scrappy project and I will enjoy making ano...
-
Turning a panel into a quilt! Two rows on the top and then borders will be added. I also started on my string block stars! I had so much ...
-
So, I did it! I know, I've made 100's of pairs of socks but this is a new construction and it really used a lot of brain cells but ...
Is that the skein winder you got at the antiques mall?
ReplyDeleteI learned the labelling lesson with quite a few white woolly samples - that all looked the same after a few weeks:) also with naturally dyed yarns and fibres - at first I really did remember all the lovely colours, but after several years of dyeing - it could be just about anything:) and I do like angora - what I don't like is the fact that it flies everywhere and attaches to everything but leather or silk! I like the grey - I only found white angora on offer here! can't believe that the silky looking banana fibres can feel anything but smooth!
ReplyDeleteVery nice! Good idea to label it too!
ReplyDeleteWoo hoo! That's a fabulous finish. A skein winder, huh? Awesome. I hate using my niddy noddy. I goof it up all the time.
ReplyDeleteYou're right -- we rarely remember the details the way we think we will!
ReplyDeleteBoy, you aren't kidding, there. Even bags of fiber need labels or you look at it, feel it and say, well, it's a long wool, so... Labels are our friends!
ReplyDeleteThat alpaca looks beautiful. Are you going to leave it white or dye it?