Yesterday, I put a new blade in the rotary cutter and trimmed some backing fabric that needed to be pieced for the next quilt.
I am glad to say, I only had two ends to trim and the new blade easily sliced through the layers and I didn't feel a single pang in my wrist!
Once I had the seam sewed, I trimmed it with the pinking shears. This took a bit longer because more force was required and my wrist is very weak! I found things to do between jobs while trying hard to remain paitent!
Soon enough it was seamed and pressed and loaded on the frame. This is a fund-raiser quilt for our local QOV group.
Bill brought the mail in just as I was finishing my efforts--I like it when things are delivered ahead of schedule! I can't tell you how many times the thread has wound around the flywheel! Well after the last time, I ordered a cover for it! The new machines come with this cover now--I am not the only one with this problem!
It is a simple aluminum box with adhesive pads on top and bottom---I will never be attacked by a flywheel again! lol