Tuesday, February 1, 2022

PRACTICE STITCHING

 My curiosity was piqued by this post by Betsy about Tunisian Crochet.  I know I have several hooks-SOMEWHERE!  But I gave up and ordered some with my mushroom and elderberry supplements from Amazon-they will be here on Thursday. 
 Until then, I wanted to try out the instructions 
(it's been 40 years since I tried this!)
 so I used the too small hook I did find 
and some dishcloth cotton because if you are going to get armored fabric, a dishcloth is a good use for it! 
 What's nice is that I can wedge the hook against my stomach and do the wrapping with my left hand which is a bonus for me!

6 comments:

  1. Nice!! Don't over-do it though....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that's what those crazy hooks are for. I inherited some from who knows where and never knew what to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat - glad you found a way to make it work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tension looks pretty spot on for having to "make do".

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great! Such even stitches for only having one hand to work with. Armored fabric is right. I hope it softens up after washing once I've finished the blanket. I thought of making some dishcloths too.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have several afghan hooks and use them in my sewing room for turning tubes and threading elastic.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...