Friday, February 25, 2022

INSPIRATION TIME!

My  quilting friend, Mary, and I are headed to the AQS Quilt Show in Daytona Beach today.  Mary broke her arm and shattered her shoulder in December and I my wrist in January so being deprived of our sewing time together, we planned this outing as something to look forward to , to get us through the barren days!  Today is the day!
I finished the Marisol sweater by Berroco that I started before the wrist saga;  it has flown off the needles this last week so I could wear it today!  Made with Berroco Summer Sesame yarn in the color 5236 on #5 and 7 needles.
I will be knitting this again--it was that interesting to knit!
In the yard, the amarylis are all in bloom with dozens of stalks
 still in bud!  Just beautiful!
 

8 comments:

  1. Have fun! I've always wanted to go to a quilt show. That sweater turned out darling. I love how those stripes work with the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun! Sounds like a great day. Beautiful amaryllis! Your sweater turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting to be able to go to the show! Please take lots of photos for us! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The top looks amazing and those flowers - WOWZA
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun at the show. I know you’ll see many beautiful quilts for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the quilt show was wonderful and gave you oodles of inspiration. That sweater is fantastic and looks really comfortable.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...