An orange Barcelona Memories 2 sock is almost ready for the lacy leg section! This is the same size needle that I used for the Navy sock but this circular is wooden and I knit less tightly with this one. I wonder if it is because wood is less slick, so I am not trying to keep the stitches on the needle. I like it a lot better for knitting pleasure so that is a good thing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ANTICIPATION
I am using the planter from my daughter and planted strawberries! There are three different kinds of strawberry plants; Ruby June, Chandler...
-
I was gifted this kit to make a table runner and so I jumped right in! I did take some creative license and made it my own design. I have i...
-
The second pair of Barcelona Memories 2 socks are completed! I didn't have to rip out and reknit any parts of this pair so it is beco...
-
The blocks from the Disappearing Nine Patch variation now are a top! This was a very enjoyable scrappy project and I will enjoy making ano...
I love the color!! xo
ReplyDeleteI think you are right about the different needle materials causing different results. I was tearing my hair out trying to get the right gauge on the Chestnut sweater's sleeves bacause I couldn't remember exactly what needles I had used on the body. Metal and wood do have different gauges. I could kick myself for not ever documenting the needles I use when I'm in the middle of a big project. Ravelry makes it so easy to do so but I never do it. Shame on me.
ReplyDeleteI always knit my socks on wood needles - I can't manage it on metal - though I use metal for all my larger projects! So strange!
ReplyDeleteSoftware auto-digitizing has come a long way, but manual editing is still essential. Great points!
ReplyDelete