Thursday, September 17, 2026

PLEASANT PURSUITS!

Two quilts are off the frame and now need binding.
The next top is  loaded and quilting has begun.
I made quite a few more of the string blocks;  I am finally 3/4 of the way through the number needed!
Lena helped me close out the day yesterday as I worked on the second rendition of the Barcelona Memory Sock.  It worked much better in just one color and I am liking the pointier needles.  I am close to the finish of this cuff-it is knit vertically while joining as you go.  Thoroughly enjoyable and nice to 'get it' finally!  Lots of new techniques with this pattern!
 

7 comments:

  1. You have so much going on!! That sock is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts—have fun with the binding; it finishes off the work so nicely... I really enjoy doing it myself these days.
    The technique you use to finish off the socks looks very interesting.
    Best regards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love a day that you can get that much accomplished? I always sleep better when I can tick off a lot of boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The top of the frame looks so cheerful!
    You are so lucky to have a Lena to keep you on your goals

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lot of great progress going on. Thats a lot of quilting too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sock pattern! Nice! The quilts, as always, are amazing. Well done. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting cuff construction!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

YARD ATTENTION

We had to buy a new fountain for the front yard--the racoons wouldn't leave it alone -Bill repaired it not too long ago and this last ti...