Friday, June 5, 2009

You Just Never Know

Since I arrived home, I have complained of the atmosphere of the house looking smokey. Bill says he doesn't see anything. I do.

At night the lights had the strangest halo and still he couldn't see what I was talking about. I kept cleaning my glasses and trying to ignore it. No pain-no concerns, right?!

The house kept filling with 'smoke' and the lights were so bothersome I finally went to google these strange symptoms..........I called the doctor first thing Friday morning and they said I needed to be seen. Seems I have something called 'angle closure glaucoma'-who would have thought! After a battery of drops and lights to see into my eyes we left for home with a perscription for steroids/antibiotic drops.

I am so profoundly grateful to God that a bit of laser surgery come Monday morning should alleviate the pressure so I will not be in danger again of losing my eyesight! Selah............that little word in the Psalms is used when a thought that is too wondrous has been penned and you are to stop and savor it. That would perfectly describe the state I am in.............selah.

The drops beat back the smokey view and I am working my way around the shawl......taking it off the needles with a crochet edging that is pretty but a bit of awkardness to execute-but I can see what I am doing and so my needle flies!

(No picture today for two reasons.........a glimmer of life without sight and the fact that I have misplaced my camera!) ............Laughter is appropriate.

4 comments:

  1. We'll be praying for the surgery to be successful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Selah indeed -- we are so thankful for God's mercy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Did it come on all of a sudden?? Yes, Praise God that it is something that can be corrected. I'll also pray for a successful surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear. That seems sudden! Just as well God is on His throne...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...