Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Eclectic Energy

I did a little bit of a lot of things today.  Sometimes it is nice to be scattered brained.......
I wanted to dye some more of the yarn I had so I can finish the red shawl.  I was pretty precise with the amount of dye I used last time and so I got this skein to be an  exact match .
I also started painting the breezeway/laundry room.  I missed you, Mom!  It is definitely more fun to tackle a project like this with a friend.  The ceiling in this room is at the 10' level so I had to really climb up the ladder to do the trim work.  I needed to concentrate on the wall in front of me and not think of the distance to the floor below me.  I am not a lover of heights, you know.  I did half of the room this afternoon and will work for the rest of the week to finish it.  It does look good which sure helps in the motivation arena!  (The color is called Sea Salt-it is a greenish gray color by Sherwin Williams, of course!)
I have started a new sweater of my own design for Abigail.  It will be a cardigan with a round yoke, the bottom of the body and sleeves will be in a feather and fan stitch.  So far so good.  I am making this in KnitPicks palette yarn, fingering weight on 5 needles.  (This was the yarn spread all over the floor in yesterday's post.)
Look what is blooming in the pool area-the cardinal climber is so delicate and colorful! 
The morning glories are still doing their morning thing.
The mandavilla almost died after the excessive splashing it received in June when we had 'contests' for displacing the most water.  I never gave it a thought that our salt water pool water could be detrimental to the health of the plant but all the leaves fell off and that is a good sign it wasn't a happy plant!  Soon, it put out new growth and the vines are completely filled in again and new blooms are on their way.  Phew! 
The desert rose is on its second season of blooms.  I am having some 'gardening by kitten' in the pool area-
so far no damage has resulted but the mess is annoying.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice, all!

    It looks like one of those days where you conquer something in every corner of your domain. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Mandavilla looks like something we have in our garden here. I wonder. The flowers never seem to fully open out though - I'll post a picture.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...