Saturday, September 4, 2010

On the Frame

I added the borders to the top and have it loaded on the frame and just waiting for me to begin the quilting!
I wound off a skein of painted cotton warp according to the directions in the latest HandWoven magazine.  I now have to wait for my weft thread to arrive-chocolate brown tencel/cotton yarn.  PuffDaddy has no fear of the weaving process........I am much more tentative than he around my projects on the loom than I am in the sewing room. 
I finished the pair of these.....if only I could find two home schooling children who could use them!  I wonder....?

3 comments:

  1. Oh Mom, the quilt is gorgeous -- even before it's finished!!!

    I can't imagine where you could find those kids you were talking about...guess you'll just have to come visit... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the finished quilt. It's going to be beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one multi-talented lady, you know that?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...