Saturday, December 8, 2012

Baby Preparations

 I bound off the edges of the entrelac knit afghan for Caleb and Cassandra's daughter!
 I then washed it and blocked it.  The final dimensions were 36 x 48 but it did flatten while blocking but textured right back up when dry!  I am already knitting on the second one in boy colors!
 I finished the quilt and ran into a little label problem-I had bought the wrong kind of printable fabric-the non-washable kind so the first label didn't stand the steaming portion of the work!
Then the 'permanent' marker didn't hold up and this label became a blur of ink after the washer and dryer!  Off to the store for a new fabric marker-finally, I had a label to stand the test of time!
 I also got the 'baby's first Christmas ' ornament and her stocking done.
 I also mounted the vintage 1950's hanky for the wall.
 And, the quilt is finished.  Everything is wrapped and ready for the baby shower!  And the baby...

4 comments:

  1. Lots of beautiful things for Ella...it's very hard to wait for her to arrive!!!

    Give Cassandra and Caleb extra hugs from me today...and a belly rub for Ella from her Aunt Marsel. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. The entrelac came up so beautifully. I'm sorry to read of your mis-adventures with the label but as they say, "all's well that ends well"!

    Hope you all ahd a wonderful time at the shower!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog!

A Birthday Outing!

   Yesterday we celebrated Matthew's birthday with a family outing to the beach! I knitted along on the messy bun hat  and am n...