Friday, August 15, 2014

FO Friday

 I present the Geology Shawl all knitted and off the needles!  I would have finished it earlier in the day but I decided to add another repeat and some more garter rows and that was a lot of stitches more and in my slower mode it took considerably longer but I am happy with this shawl.
 As usual , magic happens when you block it!  The whole thing just blooms!  It measures 50" long and 18" deep after blocking.
 There are 6 layers of texture to knit through;  I highly recommend this shawl.
There is a lot of room to play with this in relation to size and yarn, etc.  Well worth your purchase price for a very good knit!
(I used KnitPicks Stroll Kindling Tonal yarn on size 6 needles)

9 comments:

  1. It's really lovely. It looks like it was a fun knit with all those pattern changes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful!!! The magic of blocking never ceases to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It's beautiful! I love it! I'm envious of your knitting skills. I've tried several times to knit a lacy shawl but have found it very difficult and frustrating. And, this one looks really complicated! I love the color of it too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. turned out really nice! I'd like it a bit bigger though, but it's good to know that I could change the size easily... and I am sure the kitties are happy to have you back for cuddles, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having seen you working on this shawl at my house I love to see the finished product. Great Job! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! And I adore the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the finish!!! I may have to try to knit one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks fabulous.

    Reminds me that I have three shawls waiting to be blocked now that the weather has warmed up and the rain has gone -- I just don't fancy crawling around on the floor!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...