Saturday, February 4, 2017

A Start

                                     
This month's color for February is sea greens.
I cut out my scrappy center block and all eight of the traditional LeMoyne star blocks for this month.
One block done and enough to keep me busy throughout the month! 
I bought the binding fabric and assembled the ingredients to finish it today!
I am thinking of adding a black bead for eyes on the birds.  
I like the clean lines of the wall hanging!
I will be giving it to my daughter-always nice to make a gift! 
While I was trudging along with the crochet blocks, I enjoyed a rare visit from the King of this Lion pride, PuffDaddy.
I even had Lena on my lap at the time and he still came for a good petting.
And ten he gave my yarn a good kneading.........
And I realized I didn't post a completed picture of the Liberty quilt~
just to prove I put the binding on and washed and dried it!

8 comments:

  1. Sigh, to have your ability to make perfect points. I can only dream....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Several shades of SEA GREEN in your post! From quilt block to pillows to yarn. Happy quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwwwwwwww...Puff Daddy is a handsome guy!

    Giroux is a kneader too, but he prefers this ugly cotton blanket we keep at the foot of the bed. So far, he hasn't tried to knead yarn.

    I ♥ love the colors in your February quilt block. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great start. Looks like you have everything organized and ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful block! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty greens!

    And what a handsome kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cardinals are gorgeous! The star block is so striking, and I love the variations amongst the different shades of green.

    And hello to Puffers! It's nice to see him -- it has been a while!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's beautiful. Yarn kneeding would never work here. Fezzik runs with it in his mouth. LOVES the game . I hide and watch my WIPS very very closely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLEASANT PUTTERINGS

I did sew the rows together and cut the borders so I could sew them.  I didn't make too many mistakes (the brain is still very slow! lol...