Saturday, May 19, 2018

A New Vintage Heirloom!

 The stamped cross stitched quilt my neighbor made from the 12 blocks her Mom had made decades ago, is now an almost completed quilt! 
 Millie does her own binding in short order. 
 This is going to be a treasured quilt, I'm sure.
I used a pantograph from WillowLeafStudio called Mikaela.
In the choosing of a quilt design for a top you always have to weigh in balance the design,
 space and either subtlety or accent by the stitching.
So for this quilt I wanted a less dense pattern that would be subtle (I used an off-white thread which is also very traditional!)
 so the cross stitching wouldn't be overshadowed. 
 I also liked the occasional heart
 because this is filled with the love of stitching by both Millie and her Mom.
I am glad I could add life to this tribute to both women!

6 comments:

  1. It's beautiful - a heirloom, indeed

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just amazing. What a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is indeed an heirloom, simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just gorgeous... what a special quilt and an heirloom for sure! It is a wonderful tribute to Millie and her mom, and to you as well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is beautiful! An heirloom indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet and delicate. You did beautiful work and so did Millie and her Mom.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...