Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Waiting and Knitting

 We woke up to a light rain this morning....
the weather men were conferring over the conditions.
In the background, you can see the Magnolia tree.
 It is a towering giant in the front yard.
 Bill picked me a tight bud last night;  this morning it was beginning to open.
 By 9am, it was fully open and it was a heady aroma!
(When I came home 4 hours later, my room was and still is delicious smelling!!!!) 
 During visit time, I sat in the car during the drizzling weather.  I worked on a sock.
 I ran into a knot, rudely placed interrupting the flow of the stripes!  Grrrr.  I rolled ahead and found the right spot to continue the pattern. 
I bound off during the dinner prep waiting time in the evening. 


Technical stuff--I tried some new things with this sock; 
I started the toe with 14 stitches instead of 12
           then worked up to 60 stitch count on 2.5mm needles
                      when I hit the heel position, I slipped three stitches on each end of the front needle to                    the back so that instead of the usual use of half of the stitches for heel stitches,
because I increased the count to 60% of the stitches so
 I worked the heel over 36 stitches in this instance. 
 I worked a short row heel and that was straight forward. 
 The fit is nicer I think and I will be doing this on all future socks.  
(there was more room in the heel area and it wasn't so tight.)

8 comments:

  1. Love those colors. Way to go on figuring a better fit for the heel. I can just feel the gentle rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo of the boys. They are very serious about their discussion!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photo of the boys is a treasure! Magnolias smell divine; I wish the fragrance could come through the computer! Aargh! I detest knots that disrupt the striping sequence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty yarn and such a cute pic of the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was expecting rainy weather today too but instead we got sun and heat-90 and humid. Very humid. I've got the AC and both dehumidifiers going full blast and I'm still miserable. Too hot. Too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute knitpicks colorway! Im always fascinated when people make adjustments and the improve their socks! hooray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that picture of the boys — and BoyWonder #1 is standing like Dad does! The magnolia tree and bloom are just gorgeous. The picture of you holding th sock up in the car — at first, my brain registered that as a cat climbing up the dashboard of the car, and I wondered what I had missed! Lol! Pretty colorway on the socks...looks like Spree candy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...