Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Ribbed...

 Can you believe it?  One sock is completed!  This is a man's sock with 4 x 1 rib up the top of the foot and up the leg.  
 As I neared the completion of the leg on this toe-up sock,
 I changed the needle size from a 2.25 mm to a 2mm for the last inch to keep it from drooping. 
 The top seemed to flare whether I cast off in knit or purl. 
 (Yes, I ripped out the first knit bind off and did it again in purl!)
But when the sock is on, the top lays flat and just right against your leg.
Now to remember what I did because my little scrap of a cheat sheet isn't where I thought it was!
I can be terrible about record keeping when I am in the middle of a project!
It's a good thing I am pretty good about reading my own knitting!
On to sock #2!

And speaking of ribs, 
I popped a rib again;
I have got to stop leaning hard and fast over the console in my car 
just to save something sliding off the seat-
this is the fourth time I have done this to myself!
I guess I need to do the bone scan the doctor's wants
just to see what the problem is with the easy breaks!
(Osteoporosis is not kind!)
In the meantime, I am moving carefully and breathing slowly!

9 comments:

  1. Oh yikes! I hope that rib heals up quickly. I know broken ribs are PAINFUL!!!

    The sock looks great. Is this one for Bill?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch and a few other choice words! May your rib knit itself back together quickly. Please get the bone scan your doctor wants and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sock looks wonderful - but ouch! Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sock is gorgeous!!!!!!
    I am so sorry you popped a rib. Extremely painful. Each breath. ow. Hurry and heal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch, ouch, ouch! I fractured my sternum once in a car accident and it hurt for YEARS. I still can't wear a bra without being in agony. I hope you get some relief.
    And woo hoo for those man socks! All that ribbing can't have been fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! You must stop doing that! I hope you heal well and that your guys are taking care of you now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes!! Healing thoughts to you and please, take it easy!!

    The sock looks so good - really a great color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the green is lovely! and I hope you're getting better soon, a broken rib sounds awfully painful:(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry that rib is still painful...not nice. The sock is nice, though, and I like that bind off...a nice, tidy end to all that rubbing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...