Monday, May 14, 2018

A Special Gift


Look what is blooming tonight!
The Cereus has sent a gift of its wonderfully
aromatic bloom!
This was taken at 7pm.
I darted outside to sit and breathe its sweetness and admire its incredible construction!
The best time is around 12-3am but I will settle for a 10pm viewing! lol
I'm sure the fairies enter the yard from these blooms!
I could try my hand at a child's storybook with this bloom as the impetus for the story line!
Are you imaginative?
I'm not the only one attracted to this nighttime delight!

5 comments:

  1. So lovely — I love the dreamy quality of the closeup photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would make a great story. The fairies could wear beautiful white dresses and smell great (but only for ONE evening).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blossom and definitely a special gift. If you don't write a story, then create the concept in a painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GORGEOUS flower. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh thank you thank you for the gorgeous flower post! That is an amazing thing. I love a nightblooming jasmine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

STAGES OF THINGS

All the blocks for this quilt are made but not organized or sewn together.  The blocks are 9" unfinished so the quilt will be around 50...