Monday, May 7, 2018

Frames

  This is a quilt from my neighbor, Millie.
  She has been going through the large supply of sewing things she inherited
 from her Mom after her death a few years ago and came across 12 large cross stitch squares. 
 She has added sashing and turned them into a quilt top.
A  much better way to enjoy them than have them in a bin in the closet!
 I loaded it up and then folded the batting and top up for the night
so I don't find any kitty 'nests', if I leave the layers down!
 This was quite an undertaking by her Mom;
12 larger blocks each 16" square!
I've never quilted something like this so I will do a lot of thinking
and trial run designs before I actually start the stitching!
And here is the little watercolor ready to gift to my counselor.
She talks about having a proper view of the bridges
we each have to cross.
I think this will be a good way to say thank you
 for her help crossing my bridges.

8 comments:

  1. That watercolor will make a BEAUTIFUL and very thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The painting is the perfect gift for your counselor. I like the idea of learning how to cross the various bridges in our life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your painting is so nice - it is the perfect gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing gift!!!
    And as for that quilt-wow! I've seen those in catalogs but never have seen one stitched. That is one incredible project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet quilt it will be. I can't imagine all that stitching! I did cross-stitch, but only small samplers or designs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love when someone finishes a project for an angel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is going to be an amazing quilt.... so much work gone into it, and such a nice memory... Looking forward to seeing how you quilt it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That’s a fun, unusual quilt — have you figured out your game plan yet? Nice to say thank you to someone in a special way!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...