Thursday, December 4, 2008

Mind Numbing Activities

I wanted to try to make my own "flat feet" knitting blanks and so I took this skein of 462 yards of superwash wool and unwound both ends together to into a big ball.
Bling had fun helping me. It took me about 45 mins to do this with the extra help.

I then knit up the double strands on size 6 needles so until I thought it would be enough to a pair of socks for David and one for Abigail. I will dye them and then unravel the strands and knit it up for a matching pair of socks for the kids! Well, that is the plan.

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see them...sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look very knitterly in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your adjustable skein holder. Generally I use the back of my rocking chair to hold the skein while I wind, but next time I'll try your approach. Looks fun -- yoga and yarn together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful picture of you and bling. Love your blog, I am a first time visitor.

    katie
    primitivewoolen.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A WOOD BUMP

I called dibs on a burl on a tree at church.  When I saw that someone had removed it (half was rotten and it wasn't safe anymore) I remi...