Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dad! (updated)

Today we get to celebrate my Dad's birthday ! For most of the last 11 years they were in Florida while we were still in NY so it is nice to be here with them! Thanks for being you, Dad!


We are off to Daytona Beach, Ormond Beach and any interesting stop along the way!

Lunch was enjoyed despite the brisk wind to get there..........we had a wonderful time at this new restaurant! There was a lot of activity in Daytona getting ready for next week's race-we even saw some race fans while in the restaurant!
Mom and I got to shop at JoAnns while the men did their Home Depot thing. Then we (Mom and I) stopped at a yarn shop and picked out bamboo yarn for knitting dress scarves together -the pattern is from the book (Luxury Yarn One Skein Wonders) Dad bought her for Christmas.

Back to their home for games and birthday cake. What a great day. Knitting was accomplished while in the car-in between laughing and caramels..........Nyki investigates the progress when I get home.

2 comments:

  1. I can hardly wait to deliver his birthday hugs in person...one week and counting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to comment on how pretty is it that the beach photo colors match the sock colors...

    ...but then Bruce and I just had a long "who's on first" conversation until we realized that his colorblindness had interfered...he thought the socks were red, yellow, and blue (I couldn't figure out why he was making stupid comments about 'red and yellow kill a fellow')!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FABRIC FORTUNES

I enjoyed a day at home yesterday!  It has been a long time since I had a relaxing day at home!  I cleaned (which I like to do!) and launder...