Thursday, May 28, 2009

What a Find!

It all started with a perusal of CraigsList; a Harrisville floor loom (36", 4 shaft, 6 treadle) with accoutrement and it was within driving distance! Gratefully, Marsel was up to the adventure as long as I drove. Another exciting fact is that it folds up and I think I can get it in my little car for the drive home! (The extras include a warping board, boat shuttles, bobbins and books!) See me smile!
On the way we passed a beautiful state park on Lanier Lake and Buford Dam; the road is right on top of the dam so the view was breathtaking! We will be coming for a family outing here when we come back in July.
We stopped for lunch at the Dawg House and can you guess what team they root for?!

On the way home we stopped at a yard sale. How could I complain about stopping after hauling them around for hours on my adventure! So, this is Marsel's revenge; a picture of me as proof that I went to a yard sale! Stinker......

David helped me unload most of the treasures we found but Marsel did have to suffer with the exertion of carrying in the loom with me-we were ALL excited to see it set up and check it out. I did tucker her out though, she is back in bed where she belongs.
(To see her treasures, click here!)
One of the hardest parts of keeping house here is the progress I make ahead of me is sucked into the vacuum of David/Abigail's imagination behind me..........I had forgotten how much energy it takes to pick up but how little it takes to make a mess! This is the livingroom which just minutes ago was spotless!
Here is the new loom in Marsel's room so she could lay down and see me play around with it!

8 comments:

  1. All I can say is WOW. Remember the place we went to on rt.370 so many years ago and you fell in love with weaving? See? patience does pay off. I'm so happy for you. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW is right! That looks like a great Craigslist find! Even more so because YOU know how to operate it!! :) The price of being photographed at a yard sale was well worth it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool find! I must say I'm a little jealous. I think it would be very cool to weave on a loom like that.--But then I don't really have the time or space at this point in my life.--Congratulations!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Can't wait to see it in action. Errr... after your a/c gets hooked back up of course.

    You stopped at a flea market with me. Or is that a dirty little secret?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Craig's List is great! We just got new furniture off of Craig's List! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I attempted to say before...not only did she GO to a yard sale with me, she even BOUGHT something!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice. Very big!

    I wouldn't know where to put it or what to do with it!

    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you are all having so much fun! Tell Marsel we're still praying for her. We miss you!!! :)

    ~Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...