Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Knitsters...

I had some knitting time with  friends this afternoon and we tried out a new pattern together.  Do you see the bag of pretzel M & M's?  Reward for conquering the hard parts of the pattern!  We work well with a carrot on the end of the stick!   We had all chosen some black yarn and remembered why you need a LOT of light to be able to see your stitches with black yarn!!!  We decided that the pattern will be used again but the yarn color will be changed!  I will show you the finished scarf soon.
It is good to share time with like-minded friends........

6 comments:

  1. After knitting one black hat for Bruce (at his request), I have sworn off black yarn forever and ever. It's too awful to work with (and I took that vow way back when I was in my early twenties and had much better eyesight than I do now)!!!

    So glad you have kindred spirits to enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knitting and chocolate--sounds like a good combination. You must be related to Janette. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black yarn is difficult to work with even when I weave I always seem to have trouble. You could try the light up knitting needles one of the girls at club loves hers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Light up knitting needles are the bomb! My Kid's Knit Club gave me some at the end of the summer and I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so much fun to knit with other people.

    The yarn needs to be dark in case any chocolate gets on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like evryone's have a great time. Isn't it fun to be with your friends? Can't wait to see everyone's scarves.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...