Monday, October 25, 2010

To Weave Again

 I finished the mohair scarf!  What a perfect accessory for this Autumn!
 This has the novelty mohair as warp and plain mohair for weft.
 I did not have any more of the orange novelty yarn for the second scarf but I did use the same mohair for warp this time and a different mohair for the weft.  I will see how this one turns out.  (I can see this will give me horizontal bits of color instead of vertical right away.........)
 I dyed some roving from KnitPicks; this is the superwash wool with nylon that will work up for socks.  I haven't spun anything but natural color in such a long time this will be fun.  (Oh, yeah, I did do the mystery wool but that was a batt and not roving.)  Candy canes anyone.........?
 I did reach my goal to turn all 30 sashes inside out today. 
This is a pic of the cats watching the PBS Nature show last night.  I caught the shot when there were no crows on the actual screen but that is what they were both trying to catch just seconds before I snapped this.  They were very entertaining watching and listening to the crows and even looked behind the tv to find them!

6 comments:

  1. okay, the cat picture trumps all of the others this time -- SO CUTE!!!

    The scarf turned out pretty, though, and the roving looks really fun! Can't wait to see how it works up sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scarf turned out lovely. And the colors are perfect. Would look great over a woolen pea coat.

    I can't wait to see how your dyed roving spins up. (exactly how you want it to no doubt!)

    The sashes seem like a lot of repetitive work...

    The cats are too funny. There is a channel for everything else. How about a "cat channel"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We watched the crow program too. Didn't realize our cat/grandchildren were too Remember the two cats we had that watched Captain Kangeroo? Love the scarves. Will bring you more of that fuzzy yarn in January. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. the cats are funny - did they say: let us in?:))
    I didn't think you'd need mohair scarves where you live? but it looks nice and fluffy and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta love cats! They always make me laugh! I love the mohair scarf. Did you do that on a rigid heddle?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The scarf looks light but warm, perfect for this weather. The cats are having too much fun! The roving should spin up nice--love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...