Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Weavin' and Stuff

Several years ago I sent for a sampler plant fiber pack from Cotton Clouds and spun up fiber like bamboo, rayon, ingeo and different kinds of cotton.  I put all the little skeins in a bowl and admired them.  Until today.
 I did a bit of sampling with my homemade widget.
 Warped up the loom for basketweave center panel with plain weave borders.  All the little skeins will go on in order until I run out of yarn.  The resulting cloth will yield some pillows!
 What the kitties do while I am weaving.........tangles anyone?!
 They tear around the house buzzing everywhere sounding like a herd of elephants. 
 Then they wind down, admire the squirrels out in the front yard and then nap for several hours.
 Bill finished all the electrical for the house.  He put up the fan/light in the breezeway.
I am making progress on the sweater/shrug for Marsel........did I ever mention she has a long wingspan...I am knitting forever on the back!

5 comments:

  1. It will be fun to see those pretty little skeins become something new. They're so soft and lovely that I'm sure they'll make nice pillows.

    Hurrah for Dad on the electrical accomplishment. He's getting close to officially done...go, Dad, go!

    Bruce tells me regularly that I have orangutan arms. :) Guess I never thought about how that adds extra work when you make me a sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the stupid question of the day, here goes, How do you keep plain weave on the end and pattern in the center? Can it be done for 4,6,8,10 shaft patterns? I think I know the answer but thought I put it out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun with the weaving and I totally understand sticking handspun in a bowl or basket and admiring them. The weaving of all one color would drive me mad I think.

    I hope the cats are untangling what they tangle up! Is it Nyki that has gotten so big?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! I can't wait to see your pillows.

    Yes, how do two wee cats make so much noise while chasing each other through the house? Neil and Patty used to chase each other up and down the stairs and we thought they were trying to bring the house down.

    It looks like "little sister" is holding her own with "big brother" just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hm, your cats sound a bit like DS, when he was younger! first he tears the house apart, then he sits in a corner panting - and hungry - and then he goes to sleep exhausted. just to rise like the phoenix again after a few hours - up to more mischief:)) would it help if you left a few balls of oddments out there for them to tear apart?
    looking forward to your weaving results - I like spinning plant fibres, only the ingeo wasn't something I need to repeat....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...