Friday, November 8, 2013

A Home Day

  Today seemed like a good day to do some dyeing.  I am going to a spinning/vending festival next weekend in Port Orange and needed some interesting roving to spin up!
 I cast off the artsy yarn cowl-it was so much fun to knit,
I cast on another in similar yarn!  (Jessica, I cast on 144 stitches for this one as the yarn is much finer than the first artsy cowl!)
 I made a batch of lavender soap-it seems to be a very popular one right now!
 This morning I cut it into bars to dry.
Bill went to the doctors for a check-up, (good report) and on the way home found an estate sale and bought me a waffle iron (teflon with a new cord!) and this bird figurine!

9 comments:

  1. love that cowl yarn-the 144 stitch one--where did you get the yarn?? Also love lavender soap--my favorite "flavor". How's the soap business going? Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Lavender soap! It makes me feel so feminine.

    Those cowls totally rock! You are going to be warm and styling' all winter. Or is this a headstart on Christmas gifts?

    Hooray for Bill! And what a thoughtful sweetie he is. I'd hang on to him if I were you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, LOVE your dye-works! What a great color sense you have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit that lavender soap is my favorite and usually what I buy. Even Scott likes it. :)

    I'll bet that dyed roving spins up pretty. Are you going to Navajo ply it to keep the color sequences?

    ReplyDelete
  5. foot better? good to hear! and enjoy the waffle baking, they go in a jiffy here! which fibres did you dye there?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of these projects...so much to delight all of the senses!

    It also makes me happy that Dad picked two winners to gift to you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cowl is so pretty. Is the pattern on Ravelry?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always something interesting going on at your place.

    Bill's foot must be so much better if he can go to an estate sale and walk around!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the lavender, too, but can't wait to try the lemongrass.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...