Saturday, November 2, 2013

Making the Most of Our Time

 We enjoyed a mini visit from Marsel and the kids to cheer up their Dad/Grandpa!  Ashley came to see them and Will enjoyed some cousin time!  This is how picture taking goes.......2 out of 3 subjects look great......
 still 2 out of 3-
 Oh, well-good enough!  Too much fun!
 Everyone did better outside when we went for a walk.  Abigail has on her new walking cast and sock for protection.  She is doing well considering lugging it around!  See the bananas over their heads?  The bunch will be ripe around Thanksgiving time!  We are very excited about trying them!
 While here, we did several of the projects we had planned for the two weeks I was supposed to spend with them in Georgia which was cancelled due to Bill's adventures!  First on the list was the soap making experiments!  Marsel made a batch of Orange Citrus scented soap.
 The kids made a terranium for snails-a Science project.  Abigail named them Flash, Speedy, etc!
 I also enjoyed some melt and pour soap making with the kids.  They are so creative and took right to the process.  We upped the process to include two color bars and the kids loved designing combinations.
 Ta-da!
 The results were stunning!
 Marsel and I played with my Go! Cutter and made a table runner for her home!
 I did get some knitting time in while Bill was having his IV treatment each afternoon.
                                  
 This fits just right and goes over the head easily so no messy hair!
Can't wait to get the new one on the needles this afternoon!

 I loved making this cowl so much I picked out some new colors to make another!  This was a good distraction from having to say goodbye so soon to my Georgia peaches........

Thank you so much for the trip here and the encouragement it was to both Dad and I!!!!

6 comments:

  1. looks like you all had a great time! and the kids probably love using their newly made soaps. I had to laugh at the pix - reminds me of some of our family photos! someone always looks silly in the shot:) and I like the cowl - using the multicolored yarn in the "back" is a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad we could come! Love and miss you both...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty soaps for the grandkids! You guys always have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so much fun making things with kids. Everything looks great. Love the cowl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What delightful darlings you have! And the soap - too cool for school!

    Love that cowl. It turned out SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visits from far-off family are bittersweet, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...