Thursday, November 7, 2013

Wrapping It Up

 Another cowl off the needles!  Doesn't this one look like stained glass?  I think there is enough to make another one and then I will be done and will have used up 5 left over skeins!
 I did a bit of sewing and whipped up a pair of 'Pocket Pants' for a friend's little boy.  The pockets go all the way to the hem!  Very little boy delightful!
 It rained all day yesterday and this picture caught my fancy.
 Now can you tell what it is?
 How about now!  It looked like the screen was covered with crystals-very textural!
 I cast on another cowl-this one with artsy yarn and the Old Shale pattern.  I have four of these little skeins and will use up all of it for the cowl.
The after-thought heel socks are finished and ready to ship to my daughter!

5 comments:

  1. You have been knitting like a spider drinking espresso! Your needles must just FLY! Way to use up those odds and bobs.

    The pock pants are a treat! His mom may not thank you when she's trying to get a frog and three matchbox cars out of the bottom of the pockets, but I'm sure he will be tickled, and my inner three year old is covetous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the socks and cowl are very colourful - I like black with fiery colours! and I agree with Roxie - nothing like huge pockets for little boys:) happy knitting for the new projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cowl is very pretty!

    Cool pictures of the raindrops...it's so odd to see gloomy and rainy at your house, though!

    Three cheers for socks that will stand up to -- or at least be salvageable after being abused by -- my bony heels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness you have been productive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Busy, as always. We have had real rain for the first time in months -- maybe enough to dowse those fires that are still burning in an unreachable valley!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FABRIC FORTUNES

I enjoyed a day at home yesterday!  It has been a long time since I had a relaxing day at home!  I cleaned (which I like to do!) and launder...