Wednesday, September 4, 2024

DETERMINATION

After being out in the morning, I gathered up my supplies in time to rush to quilting group!  I got this much done when we had an emergency-one of the ladies made a slip with the rotary cutter
 and needed to go the the doctor's for the finger injury! 
 Never a dull moment!
I am working away at the threading, tying each thread onto its matched spot.  It isn't easy.  
At least the cross of threads makes it possible to know which thread needs to go next.  I am determined 
but resigned to the S L O W  pace of this part of the weaving...
 

6 comments:

  1. Well, that makes for a memorable quilting group! Hope she’s okay, although I expect her finger is throbbing an awful lot still…made me think of your rotary cutter adventure so many years ago! -Marsel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty section of quilt. Sorry about your friend's accident!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rotary cutters can be dangerous, and accidents happen so quickly. I hope the quilter was not injured badly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch, ouch, ouch...that gives me goosebumps. Dad did that to himself several times and I have the blood stained cutting mat to prove it.
    I admire your tenacity with the threading. I only tried doing that once and it wasn't pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your friend is okay and not a deep cut. Those cutters are dangerous. I use one to cut the plastic bags for the mats our group makes for the homeless. It's tedious but has to be done. Kind of like your tying the threads on your weaving. It looks HARD and tedious. :-)
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why is "blood-stained cutting mat" going to live with me forever now?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

MISSION: RECUPERATION

There are no words to express the joy and gratitude for being home.  I can walk with my walker for a bit.  I managed to 'do' my hair...