Thursday, September 5, 2024

NO SHORT-CUTS!!!

I had to give up with the brilliant idea of tying on the new warp to the old, it didn't work because I couldn't make knots easily or keep my place--I pulled out all the old threads and started over again.  I worked on the loom off and on all day between cleaning and laundry.  I found that when I moved the front beam out of the way, it was so much easier on my body to reach and see the heddles.
I threaded all of the through the heddles and then positioned the beam in place and got ready for the next step.
And that was threading each thread through a slot in the reed.  I place 2 threads in one slot, 2 threads in the next slot 
and then only one in the next.
I marked the reed every 20 slots to keep me on track and it worked well!  I managed to do 18- threads before dinner time! 
 I will finish it up this morning before we head to lunch together--
it's been a long time coming!

3 comments:

  1. That's a lot of work for one day! I could never but I do understand wanting to get to the other side of it once it challenges you to a duel...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have increased my vocabulary so very much! Thank you for "heddle."

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing. It's like a mysterious language that you're speaking. And you are very patient. That all looks like a bunch of spaghetti to me! :-)
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

MISSION: RECUPERATION

There are no words to express the joy and gratitude for being home.  I can walk with my walker for a bit.  I managed to 'do' my hair...