I thought I would take a page from my Mother's book and knit a few baby sets for my first great-grandchild which isn't a reality but I hope it will happen in the next five years! This yarn is from two skeins from my daughter so I thought it would be a fitting use for this yarn--to be used for her first someday grandchild! Sharing the joy already...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
STRAIGHT ON FROM HERE
Completed quilt, 57" x 68" I did stitched a few of these blocks together; the one on the right, I did first and didn't do too...
-
The blocks from the Disappearing Nine Patch variation now are a top! This was a very enjoyable scrappy project and I will enjoy making ano...
-
Turning a panel into a quilt! Two rows on the top and then borders will be added. I also started on my string block stars! I had so much ...
-
All of the labor is done and the fun has begun! The pattern is called Point Threading over 12 threads. On the far right is just Tabby wea...
Oh that is Sweet!!!
ReplyDeleteYears ago I bought the kit for the cutest baby girl birth sampler and several pink sweater kits thinking that one day I would have a granddaughter. Six grandsons later.......and no hope in sight...lol.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea and a blessing to have sweet things put away for the future generation!! I love it!! xo
ReplyDeleteThe little ribbings give the sweater such personality!
ReplyDeleteknitting baby things is always a joy, a feeling of hope, anticipation, love...
ReplyDeleteI shouldn't read posts "backward" - as I missed this one and realized the sweater is for future great-grand. My grandmother did that with me - and laughed when she gave us the crocheted baby blanket and said she figured she wouldn't live long enough to see any babies from me. She was wrong - she met both of my babies as she lived to 92. LOL
ReplyDeleteHow sweet!
ReplyDelete